19 hurt after man drives against traffic

on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 with 0 comments
Get All The Latest Updates...

1. Follow EntryBest Online on Facebook

2. Subscribe to the EntryBest Online News

Enter your email address:

3. Subscribe to the EntryBest Online RSS
Subscribe in a reader

SEREMBAN: Nineteen people were injured when a 62-year-old man drove his Mercedes Benz against traffic and ploughed into eight vehicles at a traffic light junction near Bukit Mas.
The incident, which happened at 8.30am yesterday near the state Road Transport Department headquarters, caused a traffic crawl for several kilometres as the stretch was temporarily impassable to traffic.
Six injured motorists aged bet-ween 20 and 40 were admitted at the Tuanku Ja'afar Hospital. 
Eyewitnesses said the driver of the Benz may have lost control of his vehicle, causing it to crash into the other vehicles.
Passers-by then helped free the driver of the Benz as well as those who were trapped in their vehicles.
Another eyewitness said it was a miracle that there were no fatalities.
“We have no clue how the Benz ended up on the side of the road.
“There would surely have been casualties if a fire had broken out,” he said.
District deputy police chief Supt Mohd Yusoff Awang appealed to eyewitnesses to contact the police to help in investigations.
He said police would record a statement from the driver of the Benz to determine the cause of the crash.
It is understood that he had been hospitalised following the accident.

Related Search :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

EntryBest Online

EntryBest Online gathers entries from all around the world through different websites and blogs. We are sorry that we are unable to state all the source of the entries. If you are the owner of the entries and not happy with it, please kindly contact us at jasonblake88@gmail.com. Thank you!

Category: Local News , News



Post a Comment