Food Poisoning : 71 Students suffered after eating sambal sotong at hostel canteen

on Monday, September 26, 2011 with 0 comments
Get All The Latest Updates...

1. Follow EntryBest Online on Facebook

2. Subscribe to the EntryBest Online News

Enter your email address:

3. Subscribe to the EntryBest Online RSS
Subscribe in a reader

ALOR SETAR: Seventy-one students from a school at Jalan Stadium here suffered food poisoning after consuming sambal sotong (chilli-based squids) at their hostel canteen Friday.
They were rushed to the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital on Saturday after suffering from stomach ache, nausea, dizziness, vomitting and diarrhoea.
The students, aged between 15 and 17, had consumed the food during dinner.
Hospital Emergency Department head Dr Fatahul Laham Mohamed said the students were sent there in two buses at about 9.15pm.
He said the 40 boys and 31 girls were given outpatient treatment and they returned to their hostel the same night.
State Health Department deputy director Dr Hayati Mohd Radzi said food samples from the canteen had been taken for testing.
"Our initial investigations showed that all the students had consumedsambal sotong.
"We have ordered the canteen to be temporarily closed for cleaning," she said.
Dr Hayati said the canteen would only be allowed to be re-opened after the department was satisfied it met hygiene standards.

Related Search :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

EntryBest Online

EntryBest Online gathers entries from all around the world through different websites and blogs. We are sorry that we are unable to state all the source of the entries. If you are the owner of the entries and not happy with it, please kindly contact us at Thank you!

Category: Local News , News



Post a Comment